Thursday 4 September 2014

Day 10 or 22 depending on scale

Tomorrow I head from Lynmouth to flat holm in the middle of the Bristol channel 30.2 mile open water crossing in what should be perfect conditions. That said it will still be a day of excitement.  The Bristol channel has the second largest tidal range in the world 2nd only to the Bay of Fundy in eastern Canada. And is still a major shipping channel on the worlds stage. After a night on flat holm between Cardiff and Weston I will aim for Avonmouth and then Bristol hopefully pushing on to bath by the close of play on Saturday.
  If I'm truthful I had all but hung up the towel as im sure my previous blog posts testify.  But there was this nagging feeling in the back of my head and I aim to silence it.  There is no way I could have done any of this without my dear friends and colleagues John and Glyn, nor without Natalie ( my incredible fiancé) Mum and my Brother their unconditional support is profound or any of the really beautiful emails I received. ...2 big days coming up, I feel rejuvinated after some really nice surf whilst I was at home....who knows I may blast the canals and just have london and the south coast left to do in the future.....adventure ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave messages and feedback, but dont swear. Thanks